30 July 2009

More non-poker information

Work sucks. I don't mean my particular job or my industry or any of that, just the idea of work generally. I can so clearly understand the allure of a Marxist vision to your average actual worker who, at the time, would have been busting their ass for 12 hours a day doing, you know, actual work. Me, I sit on my fat ass for about that long each day staring at a computer screen set against a window with what is, by all accounts, a pretty nice (and prestigious?) view of my city and its best landmarks (harbour, bridge, large recognisable building dedicated to the arts) and it looks good to me (the Marxist vision - although the harbour is pretty).

Mostly my distaste for work is the very pedestrian nature of it. Weren't we all meant for better things then passing the day grubbing (or protecting the rights of those who grub) for money? I mean, if I didn't have to come to work I could treat myself to leisurely mornings followed by long sessions playing live poker where I would... wait a minute. Some sort of consistency problem there. I'll get back to you.

No comments: